Friday, April 6, 2012

puppy pincushion




I placed an order with threadart.com and will be getting a bunch of new goodies today and in the order are some new pins so I needed a new pincushion to put them all on! So funny how some new colorful pins can get me so excited;) I had some of this puppy material leftover from a skirt I just made my daughter so I wanted to use that. I also had a perfect amount of green pompoms in my stash so I used that up as well. Topped it with a turquoise button and now it is all ready to go! One can never have too many pincushions. I keep one by my cutting mat, my sewing machine, my serger, and my iron.....and it seems like I'm still always looking for one when I have a mouth full of pins. I haven't been able to make anything for myself for a long time, been so busy sewing for others so it made me smile when I finished it and knowing it is all mine! I want to make one more and fill it with walnut shells, this one just has fiberfill cuz that's all I had on hand so I'll have to get some walnut shells for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment