Wednesday, November 26, 2014

This year's christmas quilt

I can't remember if I started this quilt last year or the year before...wait I think it was the year before. That's right last year at this time I was recovering from a big hip surgery (PAO) and I don't think I was able to sit comfortably at my machine until February and then it was very short periods. I was going through everything because I just switched rooms in the house and now I have the largest room for my sewing studio! In the transfer and organizing I came across a few, ok many, WIPs. Since I try to make a Christmas quilt every year I figured this is a good time to finish this one up. Sometimes I give the quilts as gifts and keep some for myself. Living in Minnesota one can never have too many quilts laying around because the minute you sit down you are looking around to grab one and snuggle up under it. The fabric is not something I usually reach for when shopping but there was something about it that I liked. I guess depending on my mood that day you really never know what I'm going to come home with. I try to get colors and patterns I don't always migrate towards right away. If I went with what usually catches my eye every fabric in my stash would be pink and polka dots. Hopefully this long holiday weekend I can finish this up and add it to one of the sofas for this christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment