Sunday, January 22, 2012

playing with jersey knits





Yesterday I pulled out some knit material and decided to make a few tops for my daughter. I have been more of a woven cotton girl over the stretch material but it is fun to mix it up. I like to try pushing myself to think out of the box. I love how both turned out. It has also been awhile since I put a zipper in an outfit but it was like riding a bike. I do have a confession, the zipper was easy to put on but I made a huge mistake! I was just about done and I was hemming the bottom and cut the bottom of the zipper off to line it up! What did I do??? I had spent the whole day embroidering designs and embellishing it, and the zipper had no stopper so when you went to unzip the hoodie the little handle flew right off! I was mortified and couldn't believe what I had just done. So long story short I had to zigzag the bottom close, super glue the end of the zipper so it wouldn't separate up from the bottom. After that mess I had to make it look visually appealing so I cut some felt to make a flower and sewed it over my BIG whoops! So it is now a pullover hoodie with a zipper;) It is still cute but not what it was suppose to be. Oh well, I love how there really is no right or wrong way, it is like art anything goes. After these 2 tops I think I might make my way over to the stretch knits area at the store a little more often to see what else I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment