Sunday, February 5, 2012

Christmas gifts








Now that Christmas is long gone I can post a couple quilts I did for gifts. I didn't want to post them early incase the recipient saw;) The baby quilt was for my friends little 2yo girl. I had made her brother one for christmas a couple years ago when he was little so I wanted to make her one too. The mom is preggo now so looks like I get to make another one this coming christmas!

The red and turquoise Christmas quilt I did for my mom. She had been wanting a christmas one for herself for awhile and has been dropping hints.

I embroidered the names and dates on the quilts to add a special touch. Also you can see what year you got the quilt and who gave it to you. Memories fade so it is helpful to have those reminders!

The pink/red Christmas quilt is for me! I made a flannel christmas quilt a few years back and that poor thing has seen better days. I last brought it to a rabbit show and snuggled under it to stay warm. I wanted to make a new one this year so I found this adorable riley blake material and knew that was it.

Riley blake is coming out with a new halloween fabric real soon so I think a halloween quilt is in order! I know it is 8 months away but better early than late I say. Plus when fabric comes out you need to get it before it is gone. It is like lipsticks and nail polish they are always coming out with new colors and retiring the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment