Monday, February 2, 2009

organizing scraps


My scrap bins have been getting out of hand and I just didn't know what to do with them until I read an idea from the jellyroll book. It said to cut 2 1/2"  strips and save them for the jellyroll quilts. So I went thru all my scraps and the bigger ones I cut a bunch of 2 1/2"  strips and set them aside for when I decide I will do a quilt with them. I also tossed a bunch of real little scraps that I thought I might use but they were just taking up too much room and I know I would never use them. It is just so hard to toss any fabric. My mind feels so much less cluttered now that those bins are much more manageable. I have a bad cold and just not in the mood to sew but at least I got this done. I think I am going to order the new lila Tueller soiree fabric in a jellyroll and do a quilt I saw in the book. I am so excited to order it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to do a big purge on my art supply closet. That stung a little but it does feel better to declutter. Look forward to seeing your jelly roll quilt. Never hear of that before.

    ReplyDelete