Tuesday, February 3, 2009

soiree on the way

I am so excited!!! I ordered my first jellyroll yesterday and hopefully it will be here for the weekend. I can't wait to see the fabrics in person I have only seen them in pics on the net but they look so bright and cheery....just what a Minnesotan needs in february after a long cold winter. I haven't figured out what design I want to do yet from the book but it is down to 3. I stopped at the thrift store and picked up a couple more sheets for backings and piecing some projects I have going on. I am trying to finish the top of the whirly butterfly quilt before my fabric comes so I don't feel too guilty starting a new project. that is one of my goals this year is to not have too many projects going at once. I think 4 -5 is a good number to keep WIP at. More than that I started getting stressed and feel rushed that I have to get them all done. So I have spent my budget for the month already and today is only the 3rd!!! It is going to take everything I have to not buy anymore fabric. I have said it out loud here so if you hear me mention anymore new purchases I am sooo in trouble and couldn't make it my first month on a budget. I will have to dig deep for this challenge and get creative with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment