Saturday, January 3, 2009

hour glass quilt


I decided to do a quilt with the new fabric I picked up yesterday. I was going to do a skirt but I have been making so many skirts for my daughter she really doesn't need another one right now. I also needed a change of pace and get away from making clothes right now.  I haven't made an hour glass quilt yet so I decided to do one with with material but I felt bad about cutting up the wizard of oz material. I think it losses it charm being cut so small but I think it will still look cute. I just had a 1/4 yard so I had to use a 4.5" square to get the most out of the material without any waste. I am not sure how big I am going to make it. I think I want it a little bigger than a lap quilt. Depending on how it starts coming together I might make it a twin size for her future bed. I am still so up in the air as to how I want to decorate her "big" girl room.  She is still in her crib and I hope to keep her in there till at least 3. I am so bad about planning out my quilts i just start cutting and I never really know what it is going to end up as but they always seem to work out. For the white fabric I am using one of the white sheets I picked up at the thrift store. It is a super soft material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment