Friday, January 9, 2009
Wizard of OZ quilt
I just finished this quilt. I don't know what happened but when I was stippling the thread broke about a million times!!! I was getting so mad I was ready to throw it out in the snowbank. I changed the needle twice and that didn't help. I went slower that didn't help. I had bought some new thread and I am thinking that was the culprit. I was able to do the binding during nap time. The back is part of an orange sheet from the thrift store. It worked out perfect. It is a smaller baby quilt measuring about 37x35". It is perfect size for my 2 yr old and she was already snuggling up with it after her nap. I guess we will keep this one and I'll have to figure out something else for the triplets. They aren't due for a little while so I have time. So this is my modified hour glass and I like how it turned out. The random full squares add a little more to it. I hope i don't have more issue with stippling when I do my valentine quilt. I think I have figured out the back and will be using everything from my stash but I have to buy more cotton batting for the middle. I am all out. I have a 50% joann's coupon that I can use in a few days so I will be buying it then so I'll just have to work on some of my other projects. I have some fabric for a valentines dress that I need to start. Maybe tonight after bedtime I can figure out the design I want to do and cut it out.