Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bright summer dress



I wasn't in the mood to work on my quilt projects so I picked this fun bright fabric out of my stash to make my fave dress pattern for Presley. The pattern can be used as a long top or a dress. Very versatile you can just shorten the hem. My girl is going to have so many dresses for summer. I really should make a few and start selling them on Etsy I'm just trying to perfect my sewing on the serger. I have a few patterns from pink fig and they are all really great and easy to follow. My next pattern that I want to try just came out and it will be great for summer too.  I love how the edges are just finished with a rolled hem it is so quick and easy versus pressing them all under twice and sewing. My serger just zips thru the material. I just have a hard time at the start and finish point and how to secure that?? I am doing what works for now but I know it isn't right. They better call me back for when they are setting up some serger classes very soon. I also love shirring. I want to find a pattern for a top in my size or maybe I'll try to make up a pattern of my own but I'm not too good at that sort of thing.  I do have a store bought dress that uses it so maybe I can try to figure it out from that. I think presley is pretty set on summer dresses/skirts I need to work on some for me. I love wearing skirts all summer. I am SO NOT a shorts girl. I don't wear shorts ever I just don't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment